Monday 1 February 2016

January Favourites 2016

I can't believe that it's already time to do a January favourites blog post!! That is just insane.

This month has been pretty crazy and if I'm completely honest not a great start to the year! We've lost so many wonderful people, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, today we've had the news that Sir Terry Wogan has passed away and worse of all we had to say good bye to our bunny Hop!!

So all in all not a positive start to the year but let's not dwell on the negative instead let me share with you the things that have brought me joy this month!! 





Zoella products have probably been the biggest love for me this month, not that that should shock any of you!! A few of the products are from her Christmas range so unfortunately they're no longer available to buy but I wanted to mention them anyway because 1) I have been loving them and 2) Should Zoe ever make these part of her core collection, you'll know what to expect!!  If you read my ultimate 2015 favourites blog post you will know already how I feel about Soak Opera so I won't ramble on about it again! Alongside that there is also Flowers and Showers which is exactly the same as Soak Opera except it's just a shower gel! - The thing I like the most about these ones is that they're miniatures so they don't take up too much room in your bathroom and are the perfect size to pack in an overnight bag or to take on holiday. This is why I'm hopeful that something similar will be added to her core collection come summer...

On the topic of summer, when I haven't been using those two I've been mixing it up with (yet more) Zoella Foam Sweet Foam shower gel from her Tuti Fruity range that came out summer last year. This has been clearing away my winter blues and getting me in the mood for some serious much needed sunshine!!! If you find that the body washes don't lather up as much as you would like then I would recommend using a  shower lily. Just squirt a blob of your chosen shower gel onto one of them rub it in and you'll be ready to go!!

Is that all the Zoella products out of the way yet???

No don't be silly!!

I've also been loving having the Hey Roomie (doesn't she give everything the best names?!) reed diffuser. The scent pay off from this is incredible! It's the same scent as Soak Opera so if you love that smell you will love this. Now I only have a really tiny bedroom so I can't say whether or not you will get the same scent pay off in a larger room but I can't see why not.


Now that is Zoella all done!

On to a different youtube star now, one that I don't think I have mentioned on my blog before... Tanya Burr.

Her lip glosses are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day that my Lunch Date lip gloss ran out last year was an incredibly sad day. It was the perfect nude and I loved it dearly. Then at some point during summer last year Tanya relaunched her beauty range and up until right this second I thought that lip gloss had been discontinued..... But it hasn't...... I'm going to move past this though and talk about the one I did buy just before New Year and that was Daydream, still a nude lip gloss,  slightly lighter than Lunch Date but still amazing. These lip glosses aren't sticky and the colour pay off is amazing. The packaging is also stunning. What I'm basically telling you is that the Tanya Burr lip glosses are amazing and you should go and buy yourself one. Okay. Not to mention they smell and taste like watermelon! 


Also..... Tanya Burr eyelashes. Okay, I don't normally do false eyelashes because I just can't do them. I am hopeless.... Anyway, I got some for New Years Eve and my friend did them for me, they lasted the entire night, without sliding down and are still in near enough perfect condition to be used again!! Yay. The ones I have are called Girls Night Out and are from the old collection so sadly you can't get them any more :( . I didn't use the glue that came with them though, I instead bought Eyelure Lash Fix Clear Finish glue.


Moving on.

Two perfumes that I have been loving this month are Paco Rabanne Black XS and Nina by Nina Ricci. Both very different scents, Black XS is a more sweet scent, I would say, also, I don't know what Paco Rabanne put in their perfumes but if you want a scent that is going to last you all day they are the people to go too! Nina is a more fruity scent, perfect for summer I would say and the bottle is beautiful. 

While we are on the topic of scents, bit of a random one , Dove Go Fresh Roll on deodorant. I have been using this consistently for several months now, I don't think I would ever go with another deodorant, it does the job, I don't ever feel like a get smelly or sweaty... Is that too much information? Oh well! I know that some people think roll on deodorants are unhygienic but I love it. It doesn't mark my clothes either which is what you want really!!

I've really suffered with dry hands/nail beds this month so I have tried really hard to keep moisturising them. The two moisturisers I have used the most are Palmer's Coco Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy, this is just a general moisturiser for everywhere, but it's so creamy, rich and hydrating that it is perfect for your hands - Out of everything I have listed in this blog post this is the product I would recommend you go and buy! If you have dry skin anywhere I can promise you that this will make a difference, plus it smells like chocolate so you can't really go wrong with that!!!

I have also used the EOS Hand Lotion in the scent berry blossom. This is not as thick as the other one but still great. It smells amazing and is just perfect to carry around in your handbag or keep by your bedside.
Also from EOS is the Strawberry Sorbet lip balm. Just lovely. Has kept my lips hydrated and smells amazing.

Another amazing little product that came out this month is the Maybelline Baby Lips Balm and Blush. I don't want to go into too much detail about this product now because I want to do a blog post later in February just about these and a make up look with them but trust me ladies these are worth the investment and the perfect handbag saviour.


Finally product wise, no it is not a torture device, it's the Lee Stafford Argon Oil Beach Wave Curling Wand. This is amazing. Before this I just used to curl my hair with my GHD'S and that did the job but not as well as this. The style of the wand means that all of your curls are different, hence the name beach wave. It takes me about 20 minutes to curl my hair with this and they last for a good couple of days and that's without any product. I would highly recommend investing in this. I will be uploading a blog post in the coming weeks all about hair care so I will insert a video in that of me using this curling wand so you can see for yourself just how good it is!

My hair has been another big favourite for me this month. If you follow me on Instagram you will have already seen it but this month I took the plunge and my hair ombred. (I have no idea how to get the fancy e in there but you all know what I mean!) Twenty two years of never dying my hair and I just did it. I love it so much and for anybody wondering, and that lives in the Hornsea area, I had it done at Jamie Goodlass hair dressers, Rosie did it and it was £57, that was for shampoo, cut, colour and blow dry!!

 Okay so I have been loving a few tv shows this month I'm not going to go into detail about them because otherwise you would literally be here all day!!

First Grey's Anatomy - Oh my god. I have Been watching this from the beginning, After a much loved character was killed off I wasn't sure I was going to love it but I do, more than ever in fact. In case you are wondering, this is a drama based around the surgeons at Seattle Grace (Now Grey Sloan) hospital! I would strongly recommend watching this, all 11 seasons are on NowTv. Seriously! Go! Watch. It's a beautiful day to save lives, let's have some fun!!


Making a Murderer. The Netflix series that has literally gripped everyone. I won't go into it too much because you need to see it to believe it. There are no words to describe what Steven Avery has had to go through. There is a petition you can sign to help free him, just click on the bold pink Steven Avery to go and sign it for yourself, if you want too.

Finally War and Peace. Oh my. This is the new BBC drama and it's incredible. Lily James is amazing in it, but you all know how much I adore her! If you love a good costume drama you will enjoy this and it's all on BBC Iplayer in case you have missed any of it!!

Another thing that has literally only just made it in, in the last 24 hours is a fairly new game called Best Fiends - - This game has consumed my life for the last day. Honestly it is so addictive, if you are a student and you have essays to write or exams to study for then DO NOT get this game because you will more than likely fail everything. It's not a healthy addiction. I have included some screen shots so you can see for yourself what the game looks like but for a more in depth description just click on the pink highlight 'Best Fiends'.

Well that's it for this month folks. I'm really excited for February blog posts, there's going to be some fun and different ones that I hope you will like! (And it's also my birthday on the 10th yay!)

All of the bold pink bits are the links to the relevant products and remember if you have a Superdrug beauty card you get free postage and packaging on your orders!!


As always, you can follow me on social media!!

Instagram @annakimberley93


Twitter @annarailton1993

Like me on Facebook - Essence of Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment