Saturday 27 February 2016

I Like What You Do To My Hair!

This blog post is all about the products that I use on my hair how I use them, how often, what styles I like etc!

Okay so let's start with shampoo, picking a shampoo and conditioner for my hair can sometimes be really tricky because I suffer with a sensitive scalp so certain shampoos cause my scalp to become really itchy and/or dandruffy (I'm aware that's not a word) this, I know, is something a number of people struggle with so hopefully by seeing what I use that might help you find something perfect for you but remember everybody is different and so what works for me might not work for you.




At the minute I am using OGX Coconut Water Shampoo and Conditioner I've been using this shampoo and conditioner since Christmas and I really love it! It hasn't irritated my scalp at all and it leaves my hair soft and smooth and smelling a little bit coconutty! (I am also aware that's not a word either)

When my scalp is going off one and I'm having a bad patch with it I use Alphosyl shampoo. This is a medicated shampoo so it costs a bit more than maybe your average shampoo (although it is the same price as OGX shampoos), you should be able to find it at your pharmacy but if not just click the link and you can get it from Superdrug. I use this for a week and then go back to my normal shampoo and it calms it down and clears away the dandruff. Yay! 

Also since having my hair ombred my hairdresser told me that I needed to use purple shampoo once a week to stop the blonde going brassy so the one that I use is Joico Colour Endure Violet- I just use this one because it's the one that my hairdressers use and it's the one that they stock. When I first used it it didn't lather up like shampoo usually does so since then I start with the OGX shampoo on the the scalp area then work the Joico into my tips, that helps to lather it up, I then leave it for a few minutes and rinse. The violet shampoo really helps to brighten the blonde and bring it back out.



A few years ago I was washing my hair everyday because I hated having greasy hair but obviously that isn't good for your hair as it strips it of its natural oils so started doing it every couple of days but that irritated my scalp so I now do it every other day using CoLab A Model Recommends Dry Shampoo in between, this is a product that I have talked about before because I have been using it for over a year now but in case you haven't read my older blogs this is a great product.It leaves your hair feeling clean, smelling beautiful and leaves no white powder in your hair like most dry shampoos do it also doesn't leave your hair feeling stiff!

I always leave my hair to naturally dry after washing it because I don't like the way my hair looks or feels after I blow dry it, I don't think I have every really blow dried my hair so I don't worry too much if I straighten my hair three days in a row! But if I do straighten or curl my hair I use Tresemme Styling Spray with heat protect ( although sometimes I do forget!) Oooops! Every now and then I sleep with my hair in plaits, if I feel I have used my straighteners (In case you're wondering I have GHDS) on it too much or if I've been wearing it up too much, it just makes it nice and wavy, making it look like I've made an effort with my hair when actually I haven't!

Hair after sleeping with it in plaits


Other than that I don't use any other products on my hair unless I know that maybe it's going to be a while before I can visit the hairdressers again in which case I will use Joico K-Pak Split End Mener, I will use this a couple of times a week after washing my hair, I only use a small blob and then just run it through the ends of my hair and it really does help keep your hair looking healthier for longer.


A couple of blog posts ago I said I would share a video demonstration with you all of how I used my Lee Stafford Argon Oil Beach Wave Curling Wand so if you click this link that's exactly what you will get. This is also the completed look from the last blog Night Out Make Up Tutorial! Like last time please remember that the software I have isn't fantastic, it's just to give you a rough idea, I got a bit daft in this one so I do apologise! https://www.wevideo.com/view/596153145

My most used hair styles when I haven't curled or straightened my hair!

Bit up and a bit down.

High pony tail

Fish plaits




As always you can find me on social media:

Instagram ~ @annakimberley93

Twitter ~ @annarailton1993
Like me on Facebook Essence of Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment