Saturday 5 March 2016

February Favourites 2016

Woah guys, as if it is already time to share my February favourites, before we know it I'll be back to posting Christmas blogs.......

Okay so this month there aren't very many products that I have been loving but there's lots of things that have happened and just random bits and bobs I want to share with you!


Let's start with the few products that I have loved this month.

Okay so the one that comes up trumps, by far this month is, Sweet Lullaby soothing body and massage oil by Lola's Apothecary. Oh my word. This has made such a difference to my nights sleep. This was a small sample that I received in my February Pink Parcel (still yet to put my review up for that box) and I'm so thankful for it. Every night I have been rolling some onto my wrists and then some on then just below each ear on the sides of my neck, within about half an hour of putting this on I am ready to fall asleep and I get a decent nights sleep as well. Before this I would be awake until about 1 in the morning, get up a couple of times in the night to use the little girls room so it really was a blessing in disguise. The downside, however, was the roller bottle that I have mine in was specially designed for Pink Parcel, which I think is a shame because it's really convenient, you can only buy a 100ml bottle from their website and that retails at £36.00. I know that's a pricey bottle of oil!! I have to say, though, I think once I have worked through the rest of my sample, I will invest in the larger bottle.



Moving on...

Recently new out is the Maybelline New York 'the falsies' push up mascara. At first I was unsure about this but I have grown to love it. About a month a go I bought the lash sensational mascara (also from Maybelline) because I had heard so many bloggers/vloggers raving about it and to be honest I wasn't that impressed, it's a good mascara don't get me wrong, but definitely not worth the hype that I think it's got. The falsies one ,however, is definitely worth adding to your make up collection. It adds both volume and length to your lashes without them looking cloggy. It's a straight, plastic, applicator, which I found odd at first because most mascara wands have some form of curve or shape too them but none the less this mascara delivers.... I wouldn't say it makes you look like you're wearing false eyelashes though!!

The last product, (I told you there were only a few) I want to mention from this month is Right Guard Pink Jasmine Shower Gel for women. This is actually something that I have been using and loving since before Christmas, for some reason I have just never mentioned it! It's a gorgeous scent, like sweet perfume/fruity.....I'm so rubbish at describing scents I'm so sorry!! It's just a really nice summery scent and this month it has made a nice change from my usual Zoella products.



RANDOM

So February saw me bring in my 23rd birthday and on that day I received a very special necklace, the Anna SacconeJoly zodiac necklace. Now if memory serves correctly, she brought these out just before Christmas, all the zodiac signs are available, there is a small, medium and long length chain (actual sizes are on the website) they are available in silver, gold and rose gold. Mine is the small chain in rose gold, star sign Aquarius. I think this is a really special gift to give someone or even something worth investing in for yourself. It's something that you can keep and pass down to either your daughter, granddaughter, niece or god-daughter and if necklaces aren't your thing as of about a week ago Anna (not me ;) ) added two bracelet designs to the collection.
Also if you want to see the reason behind the necklaces here is the link to the video                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aMHoLPNXVA

All Necklaces come with this picture and in an Anna Saccone box


I also got a beautiful Disney Couture ring inscribed with the words Faith, Trust and Believe. This is a ring that I have wanted for years and I love it however, despite this not being a cheap ring, it was/is turning my finger black when I wear it. When I contacted the people who stocked the ring they said they had received a couple of people complain about the same issue but with different rings from the Disney Couture line and that it is just my skin reacting to the metal. I've kept the ring because like I said I have wanted it for a long time and when it's on you can't tell but I wanted to pop this in here for anybody that is thinking of buying one of their rings, this is something to consider.



PEANUT BUTTER OREOS - Yes they are as tasty as they sound. If you love peanut butter and you love oreos and you have not yet tried these then drop everything you are doing right now, even reading this blog, and go to your nearest Tesco or Asda .... Or Morrisons or Sainsburys and get yourself some, you will not regret it..... Until you realise that you have eaten a  whole packet in under an hour.

Two films that are currently at the cinema that I love are...

How to be Single, I went to see this on Valentine's Day with one of my best friends (and fellow singleton) it was perfect. The film is hilarious and just perfect definitely one you need to call up the girls and go and see and if you are newly single then do yourself a favour and go see this film, you will not regret it, promise!





Pride and Prejudice and Zombies,  I haven't read the book so when I went to see this I had no idea what I was going to get, was it a piss take? Was it going to be really scary....And if so have I made a terrible decision?? All I did know was... LILY JAMES! If you have been reading my blogs for a while and you follow me on Instagram you will know I just adore her/idolise her/think she's amazing..... The list goes on. That was one of my main reasons for going. I still don't know how to describe the film.... It definitely wasn't a piss take though! It was hilarious but then serious and then zombies.....which occasionally made me jump and Matt Smith was simply fantastic as Mr Collins. Take from that what you will but if you are a fan of Pride and Prejudice and are partial to a good zombie film or like The Walking Dead then you will more than likely enjoy this.

More Lily James... At the start of February the BBC Drama War and Peace (which I sometimes refer too as Love and War...Ooooops) came to an end. Before this I had read ahead on good old Wikipedia (because I couldn't wait) and I didn't like the way it ended. Then I watched it..... Then I got it on dvd and watched it through again and I loved it!! I could watch it all the time. If you like costume dramas I would recommend this but as the title would suggest it is about war and it is, at times, very graphic and gory so if you're not a fan or blood then don't watch it, you won't like it.




Also, Pan came out on Blu Ray and DVD this month, I went to see this at the cinema so I was very excited to get my hands on it. For some unknown reason I love adaptations of Peter Pan, I've seen most of them and loved them all, except Finding Neverland because that made me cry. Pan has to be one of my top favourites, I love that it takes you right back to the beginning and shows you a different side to the characters we know so well. All the way through you pick up on clever little bits that they've taken from the original and its beautiful, set, costume effects....Just stunning.

At the start of the month I realised it was time to swap out my cozy winter bedding for something a bit more season appropriate, so I went onto the H&M website, yes they do home ware, and bought myself a new duvet cover. Reasons why I love it are it's a simple print and simple colours so it can be paired with anything, if I want to change up the colours in my room, I can, it will go with any cushions or throws that I put with it and it is super soft and cushty!!



And finally this month I got a new job! For privacy reasons I can't say what it is but it's very different from what I was doing which was working on the checkouts at Tesco! I am over the moon to finally be doing something which is more in the direction of where I want to go. All I want to say is that hard work really does pay off and if you're doing something at the minute and you feel like you're getting nowhere just keep at it a little bit longer, you might be closer to getting what you want than you think you are.

That's all for February folks!

As always you can follow me on social media!

Instagram @annakimberley93


Twitter @annarailton1993

Like me on Facebook Essence of Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment